Mint Choc Brownie !!
These are so tasty and so quick and easy to make. Cathal had great fun helping me and he enjoyed licking the bowl. These can be frozen.
100g Dairy and gluten free chocolate
100g dairy and gluten free mint chocolate
100g dairy free margarine
200g caster sugar
3tbsp sunflower, coconut or vegetable oil
4tbsp coconut milk
200g gluten and wheat free flour
50g sorghum flour
11/2tsp baking powder
30g cocoa powder
3 sprigs of mint
175g icing sugar
65g dairy free margarine
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees fan
2. Melt 100g plain chocolate, 50g mint chocolate and margarine together. leave it to one side.
3. Mix the sugar and the oil then add the milk and mix. Pour in the melted chocolate and mix.
4. Sieve the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder into the chocolate mixture and mix. Take the 50g of mint chocolate break it into little pieces and mix into the cake batter. Pour this into a greased and lined tin and bake for 25 to 30 minutes. When baked let it cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then place it on a wire to cool.
5. Make the icing put the mint leaves with a little icing sugar into a food processor and blitz until it is finely chopped. Put the mint, margarine and icing sugar into a bowl and mix with a hand mixer (optional : add a little green food colouring). When the brownie is cooled spread the icing over the top. This will make 16 brownies.